Thursday, June 11, 2015

Altered Journal cover- "Bee Yourself"

Good Morning! I'm back in Indiana after a wonderful vacation to New Mexico and Colorado. Glad to be home with my craft supplies! You never realize how much you love your hobby until you can't do it. lol!
 
Today, I've chosen to post my new Journal cover that I altered last night.  This is the journal that I use to write my thoughts and events in. I started writing in it during my vacation.
 



 
 
 
This was a plain black journal that I bought at Walmart on clearance for $1 that I couldn't resist.  I applied Gesso to the cover to give it a base coat before applying Luminaire paint in green. I used my homemade Modeling paste to apply the Honeycomb pattern here and there.  The honey comb I found on pinterest printed it out and colored it with my Marvy Uchida Big Brush markers after laying it down with Mod Podge. The Bee's are a Repeat Impression stamp that I have stamped on an old hymnal page cut out and colored. The Black letters are from a DCWV Stack that I had bought years ago.

 
Challenges
 
Altered Eclectics Anything Mixed Media or Altered
Allways Something Creative #100 Anything goes
Crafting Musketeers #26 Shades of Summer
Rhedd's Creative Spirit June Anything goes Mixed Media (2/3)
Crafting from the Heart #63 Anything goes (2/3)
Craft your Passion #265 Anything goes (2/3)
Not Just Cards #21 Anything goes
Glitter n Sparkle #140 Anything goes (3/3)
Scribble and Scrap #46 Anything goes 15C (3/3) 
Sisters of Craft June Anything goes (3/3)
ATW Challenge Anything goes (3/3)
Crafters Café #120 Anything goes (1/3)
Inspiration Destination #36 Anything goes
The Paper Shelter #207 Anything but a Card (1/3)
Word Art Wednesday #187 Anything Family Friendly (1/3)
 
Thank you for stopping by today!

15 comments:

Mrs A. said...

Great transformation from a plain black cover. Love the lime green against the beehive and makes the lettering really stand out. Thankyou for sharing with us at Crafting From The Heart. Hugs ValeryAnne.DT.

Karen Letchworth said...

Thank you SO MUCH for sharing your wonderful card in our challenge this week. It means so much to have you share your art with us, and I really appreciate you taking the time to link with us. Have a blessed week and please join us again soon.
Blessings,
karen
Word Art Wednesday

P.S. We have a fun new challenge at CropStop and we would LOVE to have you play along with us here as well. I hope you will join us.
www.cropstop.com/blog

StampNScrapJunkie said...

What a clever BG! Love what you did! Thanks for sharing and joining us today at Inspiration Destination Challenge Blog. Hope to see you again next week and good luck!
Ema
IDCB Owner

Tracy W said...

Fabulous altered journal. Thanks so much for joining us at Sisters of Craft Blog Challenge, good luck in the voting and we hope to see you again. Creative Blessings, Tracy x SOC DT

Helen said...

Beautifully made and thanks for sharing the details about how you made it.

Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion

Helen x
GDT

Unknown said...

Never in a million years would you know this used to be plain black. It's sure bright and beautiful now. So fun. Thanks bunches for joining the June Challenge at Rhedd's Creative Spirit. j

Unknown said...

Great card x
Thanks for joining us at Crafting Musketeers
Hugs Paula Dt

TRACEY MO said...

Great book fab idea!

Thanks for joining us at inspiration destination today

Tracey CT

Helena (Gvendalen) said...

Gorgeous idea, love it. Thanks for sharing your lovely creation for the Craft Your Passion Challenges, hope to see you again soon. Helena DT xx

Pop's Cards said...

Hi sweetie this is so pretty, great colours too, thank you for joining us at The Paper Shelter this time hugs Pops x

Charity Morris-Chamberlain said...

What a super cute altered journal! Great colors as well! Thanks for joining the challenge this week! Hope you will join next week's Word Art Wednesday challenge! Have a blessed week!

Charity - DT Member - Word Art Wednesday
http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.com
http://collectivecreativity.blogspot.com

Sandra Wright. said...

What a great makeover...from a plain black colour to this vibrant happy green ( green being my favourite colour)...
Love the bee theme...such a great entry for our challenge over at Rhedd's Creative Spirit..x

Sandra Wright. said...

I'm back with my Altered Eclectics hat on...
A fantastic make over of your journal...soothing colour palette too, those bees are gorgeous x

Crafting Musketeers said...

Beautiful , thank you for joining us this month over at the Crafting Musketeers Challenge Blog xx

My Side of Oz said...

How delightful to take a plain journal and make it yours so wonderfully! Thanks for sharing with us at Rhedd's Creative Spirit this month! ~Nan, CT~