Hi Everyone, This is a tutorial that I wrote about a year ago for Through the Craft Room Door magazine. I've finally decided to post it on my blog and share. If you've always thought about using liquid applique here is an example of what to do with it.
Adding texture to a project with Liquid Applique 101
Image or Stamp- I used a My Bestie digital image called “IMG 189"
Liquid Applique- Marvy Uchida
Embossing Heat Tool
Liquid applique can be used on fabric or paper to give the image a 3D effect. I love to use it to make wool or fur. It comes in numerous different colors also. For this example I've chosen to use "White" for the sheeps wool.
I colored my image first with copic markers, leaving the sheep uncolored where I am applying the liquid Applique as the “Wool”
1. Remove the lid of the Liquid applique and make sure that it isn’t plugged up and flows freely when gently squeezed. A straight pin works well to unplug.
2. In a “dotting motion” apply the liquid applique to the sheep until completely covered . *Try to avoid your black lines of the image so that you can see where you are working.
3. Allow the liquid applique to dry (Overnight is recommended but a few hours is okay when using on paper.)
4. After dry, use your heat tool to “heat” your liquid applique and watch it puff up. Do not overheat or it will turn brown when scorched.
5. That’s it, Create your card as desired.
Here is my finished Card
Supplies used to Create:
Digital stamp- My Besties- IMG 189-Scrapbook Stamp Society
Copic Markers- Skin E13,E11,E01, R 20
Black- N8,N6, N3
Clothing: YR00, YR02,YR04, YR07
Y00, Y02, Y04, Y08
Spellbinders Circle dies
Flowers and leaves from Prima and misc...others
DP-The Paper Studio
Ribbon-Decorative Trim from Hobby Lobby
Clear it Out Anything goes (1/3)
My Besties #16 Always Anything goes (1/3)
4 Crafty Chicks #257 Anything goes UL
Scrappers Delights #47 Anything goes
The ABC Challenge- O is for Open (Anything)
Crafts Galore Encore Anything goes is Aug. (2/3)
Glitter n Sparkle #148 Anything goes
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends #15 Anything goes (2/3)
Crafting from the Heart #71 Anything goes (1/3)
Craft your Passion #273 Anything goes (1/3)
I hope that you give this technique a try.