Thursday, April 21, 2016

Starting a new Venture- Bible Art Journaling!!!

After finding numerous ladies on the net that do Bible art Journaling and loving the results i ordered my new Inspire Bible from Amazon and couldn't wait to get Started.  
This is my first entry that i made on Apr. 10th. I love this! Not only do you get to spend time with God, you also get to use his gift of being artistic in your bible.  The Scripture on the side came in the bible but the picture i added myself.
I chose to start with the book of Jonah because everyone knows this story and it is so much fun to illustrate the story. 


Image i found on pinterest and drew it to my liking.
Gelatos by Faber Castell
White Gesso
Colored Pencils- Prismacolor
Prepped the page with liquid acrylic glazing to prevent Bleed through
Red Pitt pen
White Gel Pen
Wave template found at Rebekah R Jones page

Challenges

Scrappers Delights #54 Anything goes
Inspiration Destination #82 Anything goes
Crafting from the Heart #108 Anything goes (3/3)
Craft your Passion #308 Anything goes (3/3)
Love to Scrap #76  Anything goes (3/3)
Not Just Cards April Anything goes
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends #32 Anything goes (3/3)
Mod Squad Water Water Everywhere UL
Word Art Wednesday #226 Anything goes (1/3)
Retarte #75 Anything goes (1/3)
Critter and Creatures  #3 Linky Party Anything with Creature

Have a Great Day!!!

9 comments:

Gail said...

Howdy -You have done a fantastic job with this Bible Journaling Page - I just started this before Easter and I have the Inspired Bible as well - I have used watercolor, pencils, markers, Gelatos, and I am going to try out PAINT!! I just bought some yesterday - just a small trial package - it is so true - it draws you nearer to God and I am more focus on His Word including getting to use my Art - although I do not consider myself an artist by any means - love viewing what others have done and trying things out that are appealing to me - keep up the great work - your page is amazing!! Thank you for linking up at WAW - have a blessed week! Gail John 3:16

Judy Woodland said...

Wonderful page in your Bible. I have just ordered that Bible and, of course, it's on back order.....very popular. Your design is just awesome, love your big, beautiful waves. Very unique take on the challenge! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week over at the Mod Squad Challenge!
Judy~Mod Squad Host

Isobel said...

Great project thanks for joining us at Crafting from the Heart good luck x

Wendy Ann Batchen said...

Lovely project, thanks for joining in at Inspiration Destination and good luck. Wendy DT x

Glittered Paws said...

I have seen a lot of these on Pintrest and other bloggers sites and it has sparked an interest Very nice project - and love Jonah the whale scene. I'm thinking this needs a "special" Bible right???

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

An amazing journal page! You did a fabulous job. Thanks for joining us at Love to Scrap! Challenge Blog
Tina dt

Unknown said...

Lovely journal page! Thank you for joining us at Craft Your Passion. We hope to see you again!
~ Bonnie DT

Handmade by Veer said...

Wonderful page!
Thank you for joining us at Scrapper's Delights
Veronique DT

Ellibelle said...

You did such an amazing job here! Love this!! Thanks so much for sharing in my Critters and Creatures Linky Party!