Friday, April 28, 2017

Thinking of YOU card using Watercolors

Okay, this is the first card that i've attempted no line water coloring on.  I have a lot to learn.  I do like the results of this card so thought that i'd give it to my friend Cindy with whom is having surgery today.  
I've been attempting to use various mediums for Water coloring and practicing.  



I stamped the flowers- Tim Holtz Blossom Stamps with Antique Linen Distress ink and then colored the image using my Watercolor Pencils and Distress ink.  I've found after many attempts that i really like a #8 Watercolor brush rather than the Brushes that have the water reservoir. I find that i get way too much water from those brushes.  The sentiment is an old Stampin'up stamp that i just cut out. 

Challenges

Color Inspiration Monday #21 Anything goes UL
Glitter n Sparkle Anything goes 
613 Avenue #196 Anything with a Touch of Spring (4 /8)
Lemon Shortbread #40 Anything goes (2/3)
Retarte 96  Anything goes (2/3)
Crafty Creations #340 Anything goes (2/2)
Crafty Gals Corner #120 Anything goes (2/2)
Simon Says Anything goes (2/5)
Word Art Wednesday #280-281 Anything goes (2/5)
Stamping Sensations April ATG (2/3)
Aud Sentiments #178 use a Stamp for the Sentiment
Time out Challenge #82 Flowers 

Off to work! See you later!



11 comments:

Nonni said...

If this is your first attempt let me tell you you'll be a pro in no time! you've done great job! I fear this technique and should start learning it one day. Thanks for inspiration! Thanks for joining us at TIME OUT!

Unknown said...

Beautiful card.
Thanks for joining with us at Retarte.
Yaiza DT

pinky said...

Absolutely stunning! Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations.
Pinky

Sandy said...

The No Line technique looks wonderful! A delightful card. Thanks for sharing with us at Aud Sentiments and hope to see you again soon.
Hugs, Sandy

Jo Nevill said...

Gorgeous, so bright and colourful
Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week.

Jo x

Furrbster said...

What a fantastic first attempt - just stunning!

Thanks for joining in our Stamp your Sentiment challenge at Aud sentiments,

Hugz Tinz

Unknown said...

Such a lively creation. Loved the bright enchanting shades.

María Pilar said...

Great coloring
Thanks for joining us at Retarte96
Maria Pilar DT

brenda said...

A very pretty floral creation, many thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

B x

shona.chambers@orcon.net.nz said...

Well done you!! I'm still too scared to try this technique. I think you did a fantasic job and definitely encourage you to keep doing it. The colours are beautiful and the painting so soft. So very glad you joined us at TIME OUT!

Victoria Rowson said...

Wow! Stunning card!! Your colouring is amazing. I wish your friend a speedy recovery and I'm sure she will love your card as much as I do. Thank you so much for sharing your talent with us at Lemon Shortbread Challenge Blog! I hope that you can join us again soon.